Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What's in a name?

First off, I hate hate HATE having to pick names on the fly. I do not, under normal circumstances, consider myself to be an uncreative person. But whatever creativity I possess seems to flee in panic when I am confronted with the task of choosing a screenname or title. This blog was no exception, and was, in fact, even worse than usual because my first several choices were unavailable.

Fortunately, my display name was a bit easier to come by. I considered using something Greek, most likely the name of a favorite mythological goddess, but eventually decided on Hazuki. As Greek mythology is very far from my only interest, I felt Hazuki to be more inclusive of some of my other hobbies.

Finally, I was rescued from having a nameless blog by the remembrance of one of my all time favorite quotations: "Wit is educated insolence."

It is my opinion that Aristotle knew what he was talking about, and I hope I'll be able to live up to any standards implied by the use of the phrase by being, if not witty, then at least entertaining.

No comments: