Friday, January 11, 2008

#12 - Customized search engines

#12 of 23 things

Again, this is an interesting idea. The only real problem I see with it that it can take awhile to set things up - unless you just happen to have all the info you want to include right at your fingertips. The fact that it didn't tell me the name I wanted to use was already taken, and changed the name of my searchroll to accomodate that, was also a little confusing (and irritating).

I decided to make my customized search engine about US Manga Publishers. Since I catalog manga and other graphic novels fairly often, I'm hoping I'll actually be able to use it for work (and probably for fun too).

I probably missed a few publishers, but I'm pretty sure I got all the major (and a few minor) ones. I plan to go back and add more if I find any.

No comments: