Friday, January 18, 2008

#16 - Technorati

#16 of 23 things

I didn't find Technorati to work quite as advertised in the Technorati video tour linked from the 23 things discovery resources. I have a sneaking suspicion that the year and a half time lapse since the tour was posted might have something to do with the discrepancy. Then again, maybe I just totally didn't get it ... Neither reason would especially surprise me.

Regardless of whether or not I was able to play will all the bells and whistles, I definitely noticed that this experience with Technorati was better than my first one (see Thing #9). I'm not sure if I just overlooked some of the options before, or what, but I did find it much easier this time to actually find blogs that had something to do with what I'd been looking for.

Perhaps I haven't fully understood all I've read, but there doesn't seem to be anything especially unique about Technorati. There are other search engines (even for blogs) and in other aspects, RSS feeds and Del.icio.us seem to do the job just as well, if not better.

No comments: