Friday, January 18, 2008

#15 - Tagging

#15 of 23 things

If I understand it right, the people who use Del.icio.us are essentially cross-referencing the internet. It's an ambitious and potentially useful idea, to say the least. I realize that may not have been the original intent, but it almost can't help happening.

I like search engines, but they can be very hit and miss depending on what you're looking for. With no authority control, you may have to try several different variations on a theme to find exactly what you want, but on Del.icio.us, at least every site has been tagged by an actual human being.

The ability to access your collection of links from any computer is very handy also (not to mention a life-or sanity-saver if your system suddenly crashes).

I dislike downloading things (especially to my browser), but I may have to give this one a go.

No comments: