Thursday, January 24, 2008

#23 - Summary

#23 of 23 things

W00t! Last "thing" :D

This has certainly been an interesting experience. Some "things" were fun (I think "#7 - Image generators" was my favorite), and some were a little frustrating ("#12 - Customized search engines" and "#16 - Technorati & blog tagging" come to mind). I'm more than willing to grant, however, that some of my problems with the "things" I didn't especially care for were, in part, because I've buzzed through so much of this program so fast. Call it Burnout 2.0, I guess ;)

I was pleased and pleasantly (although not too greatly) surprised to find that I will probably continue to use several of the "things" regularly. I like RSS feeds very much (and expect to like podcasts as well), and I'm still quite charmed by the very idea of LibraryThing and Del.icio.us. Much as I liked the image generators, I doubt I'll use them all the time. Still, it's nice to know they're out there should I ever have a use for such things. I don't intend to abandon this blog either, although I honestly don't know what I'll write about after this...

I don't see any particular issues with the way this program has been presented (barring my internet troubles), but if there was one way it could be improved, I'd have to say it's that the discovery resources links need to be more closely monitered. Several of them either didn't work at all, or the article or file they were supposed to link to had been moved, no longer existed, or flat out didn't work properly. That said, if KDL offered another program like this, I'd definitely be interested (glitches and all).

No comments: