Wednesday, January 23, 2008

#21 - Online video

#21 of 23 things

Ah...Youtube...time waster, dumpster, or treasure trove? Well...I'd have to say, yes, yes, and yes. Lots of neat stuff, lots of dumb stuff, lots of stuff you didn't even know existed anymore (and some if it you would have been just as happy never to see again).

I have few complaints about the site itself, but it can be difficult to find something when a simple search might return a thousand hits. I also find it annoying that the video starts to play as soon as you open its page. Overall, though, it's generally more fun than irritating.

Library application seems rather limited (if only because online video is a resource hog), but video tutorials are an obvious suggestion. I don't know the copyright issues, but it would also be cool if movies and TV shows (and maybe video and computer games, too) in the catalog linked to trailers.

I chose this particular video because not only do I love horses, this gorgeous fellow happens to be a Friesian - which might just be my favorite breed of all! (In case anybody's wondering, there isn't supposed to be sound.)



I want one! *sob*

No comments: